can we try this again? questions relating to Illustrator

General software related questions should be posted here.
JJ13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

can we try this again? questions relating to Illustrator

Post by JJ13 »

I wanted to start a thread relating to adobe illustrator to take Jason up on his offer for helping us who are trying to learn adobe illustrator. If you have corel or other software questions please hijack a different thread. Anyone chime in with illustrator questions or tips!!

Jason,

How much do you use live trace when creating images? I am one day into learning to use illustrator, and I am trying to figure out where to begin...IE what tools to begin mastering first. If you begin from scratch and use the pen tool to do your drawings I will just begin tracing my drawing by hand with the pen tool. Also do you use a tablet, or just a mouse? Thanks a million, your skill in creating dxf images is amazing, and I plan on using you for any customer requested drawings, but would like to learn to do drawings for my own metal art.

Thanks again,

JJ
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: can we try this again? questions relating to Illustrator

Post by mdwalker »

Your posting in the file sharing forum. :P I think this is an exellent topic and deserves its own forum. Maybe we could ask admin to create a software/design forum with topics on individual design software. I would like to learn more on creating designs too.

Happy Holidays to All!!!
Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Guys

I do intend to start a new forum for software issues and training. I expect to have it ready in 7-10 days, I am currently working on repairing the issues with the file sharing forum. Happy holidays everyone.

Admin
FreeDXF.com
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by FreeDXF.com »

JJ,

I try to distance myself from any function that helps to automate the design process. The best results will be achieved by using the pen tool. I do utilize a large Wacom pen tablet and have the tablet buttons programmed to help with the design process. When tracing your base image you will want to make sure you change the opacity of the image and lock it into place so that it does not get inadvertently moved. Save your design work every 5 to 10 minutes and start off with simple design work and gradually work you way into more complex scenes. Let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Jason Henry
Cascade Metal Designs
http://www.customdxffiles.com
JJ13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by JJ13 »

Thanks Jason!!! I picked up a tablet, I figured if I am learning illustrator I may as well learn the tablet at the same time.

Thanks again for the advice!!!

JJ
FreeDXF.com
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by FreeDXF.com »

Your welcome. Good luck with your design work! JH
bander
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bander »

I am looking forward to that site. Keep us updated on the progress!!!! Thank you!

Return to “General Discussion”