Need opinions/Feedback

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
IHscout
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Need opinions/Feedback

Post by IHscout »

Once again I am chipping away at learning Corelx3. I would like someone to look at the attached drawing and give me your feedback. It started out as a photo of my wife's great grandpa and when I export or save it as a dxf, it ends up importing into sheetcam with parts missing.

I know I am doing something wrong, somewhere. Just curious where the, flaw in the slaw is..........any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Denny Farms.cdr
(19.7 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Need opinions/Feedback

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

you should always COMBINE everything and make sure it fills correctly

it looks ok in wireframe view mode (top)

but in normal view mode, it isn't filled correctly (middle)

zoom in on each defect (red circle for one), and you can see two separate disconnected nodes where there should be one connected node (bottom)

you can see 3 extra nodes, but there's also 2 overlapping nodes in the very corner, those are the 2 that need to be joined, the other 3 away from the very corner can be deleted (or ignored)

(after combining everything) use the node tool to select each broken node pair, then right click and hit join, then repeat for each break

if you had corel x5 you could just use the join-nodes tool, in x3 you have to manually join every break

IHscout
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by IHscout »

I've seen the red nodes before. Just have to remember how I got them to show up. I'm off to the help file to figure it out. Let me work through it, I may be back with a question and HEADACHE. :lol:

THANKS
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I did that in X5, sometimes the nodes appear orange when the outline color is dark, at times I've seen red and blue nodes, but yet to figure out (or forgot) any setting to control node color

when zoomed out, it is easier to see overlapping nodes, it draws any multiple nodes out away from the rest

another way to find the breaks is unfill and uncombine everything in normal view mode, then click on a line and set an outline color, the new color will stop wherever there is a break
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

way off topic

Post by WSS »

IHscout, I assume by your handle you are a fan of cornbinders. Did you see the 63 listed on ebay right now? WOW, I wish I had 45k laying around LOL.

WSS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-4 ... 337168fbd9

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”