Need help converting picture in Corel

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
backcountrycutouts

Need help converting picture in Corel

Post by backcountrycutouts »

need help converting this picture. But i would like you to share with me the steps you used whether in corel or other so i can learn instead of having someone just do it for me. Thanks
rodeo clown with bull.gif
backcountrycutouts

Re: need help converting picture

I would like to replace the bull with this bull and rider.Or just put the clown in front of the bull rider if that's possible?
bullrider.jpg
Thanks
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

In Corel, use the pencil tool to draw around what you don't want (red line) then use TRIM command to get rid of that part, then import the new bull, arrange shapes with overlap, then use WELD command to join overlapping elements.
Attachments
SignTorch Vector Graphics
SignTorch Vector Graphics
rodeo_clown1.gif (4.93 KiB) Viewed 998 times
backcountrycutouts

Great thanks Gary, I will let you know how it comes out.
backcountrycutouts

Yep i really dont know what im doing. Cant even get the pencil to outline. I cant even get the pencil on the screen. Corel draw x3. Im about done with all of this.....................
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

my bad, corel has several pencil tools, none are named pencil, I usually use the one called FREEHAND TOOL, it draws one segment at a time, then you can click on either end point to start the next segment connected, when done click on the first point to close the shape, and if you click and drag it will draw a curve rather than a line segment

but if you mis-pick and deselect the shape then new segments won't be attached, you have to have the shape you want to add onto selected, then the end nodes have a little click box showing, if you don't click on an end point of a selected object with a click box showing then it will start a new detached segment

if you do end up with two or more separate segments that are supposed to be joined, select them, then COMBINE them, then use the node tool to select two nodes to join, then right click on one, then hit JOIN

that's tricky, having to combine segments, then join their end nodes, in order to connect them, it's good to practice all that before starting a project, otherwise it's sure to be frustrating and confusing

there's really only a couple of tools and a few commands that do most of the work, once you understand their intricacies, it's not so difficult
Attachments
signtorch.com
signtorch.com
freehandtool.gif (13.01 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Good info.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”