yoouuuu hoooo... Gary... (or anyone else :)

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

yoouuuu hoooo... Gary... (or anyone else :)

Post by parrotlady »

This is going to seem like a really dumb question, but it has been two hours now, plenty of you tube videos later, and I cant figure this out! I dont know if I am having a blonde moment or what!!

Attached is a very basic picture of what is supposed to be a fish. I actually want it to be this basic for what I am doing. All it is is a teardrop shape with a triangle on the end for a tail. I have welded the two together, added a circle for an eye, and two lines for a mouth. Now I cant figure out how to delete the line in front of the mouth that was part of the original shape?? Any advise?

Thanks so much, and Gary if you are reading this, I know you told me to save it in a different format.. CMX?

Thanks again

April
Attachments
basic fish.cdr
(14.23 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: yoouuuu hoooo... Gary... (or anyone else :)

Post by Scratch »

For some reason, I can't open your file...
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

What version of Corel draw did you save that as.. Save as a dxf and I will fix it for you.
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

The mouth is an open shape. Close the mouth shape, scale it up a little so it overlaps the body outline as shown below, then with the mouth selected hit trim, then click on the body outliine.
fish.jpg
fish.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
Of course, any check marks in the shaping/trim dialog docker will leave one or both original objects under the new trimmed object. Either uncheck those boxes or be sure to delete any original objects from under the new trimmed object.
fish2.jpg
fish2.jpg (17.37 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
If you upload a CMX file, anyone can open it with any version of corel. While CDR files can only be opened with an equal or later version of Corel. Just export a temporary CMX file for uploading/sharing purposes and delete it after uploading. Then anyone with any version of corel can open it.

Exporting a DXF out of corel is never the best way to share corel files with corel users.
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

Gary, you are one helluva guy! You should have some kind of "pay for service" forum. Really, a person could buy credits or something and then get feedback from you. This has got to take up alot of your time. I for one would just add you to my vendors on my online banking and pay you monthly ;)

Thanks again, and I know the fish is lame, but it is for a kids' project.

Scratch, I sat there and tried to determine if there was any kind of x-rated meaning to your post, but I decided not ;)

I will upload it in the CMX version from now on so everyone can view my kindergarten files

Thanks again guys!

April
jmtcmetalworks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Fish circle

Post by jmtcmetalworks »

First post to this awesome site. Here is a fish pattern I burned recently.
Attachments
fish export.dxf
(30.74 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”