keep inside of letter or numbers from falling out

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
plasmachad
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

keep inside of letter or numbers from falling out

Post by plasmachad »

CorelDRAW weld..JPG
how do I get letters and numbers to look like the # 8 in this picture is something to do with welding but I cant remember . I forgot how but this is my work but from 6 years ago when I was in business and I'm just now getting back into it thanks
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: keep inside of letter or numbers from falling out

Post by Gamelord »

Use the "Trim" option from the pull down menu in the tool box on the right (not the weld).

To do this, create a rectangle shape that is as wide as you want the notch to be and as tall (or taller) than the number. Put it into position where you want to trim away the number. Make sure your rectangle is selected, then click on the "Trim" button in your tool box, then select the number. This will "Trim" away everything where the rectangle is at. Use the check boxes to select what you want to leave after doing the action. Leave source will leave the rectangle so you can move it to another letter. Leave target will leave the number you are trimming. Un selecting will of course not leave them.
Attachments
trim tool.JPG
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
plasmachad
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: keep inside of letter or numbers from falling out

Post by plasmachad »

ok thanks for your help just couldn't remember lol been a while

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”