coreldraw ?

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
plasmachad
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

coreldraw ?

Post by plasmachad »

CorelDRAW snip pic.JPG
when I open this file it want let me select a object it will only let me select pieces of it. I don't want to group it bc that's not going to fix it
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: coreldraw ?

Post by Gamelord »

You will need to join the nodes together to complete the solid object. You have two objects, the one highlighted in your circle with the sizing squares around it and the other would be the rest of the object that is not selected. So to fix you will first need to select both objects. Do this by holding down the shift key and clicking on the segment and then clicking on the rest of it. Once they are both selected, go to your pull down menu "Arrange" and select "Combine" and this will combine both objects as one (but still two pieces). Now you can join the nodes on the segmented object with the nodes on the other part. Select your "NODE" editing tool (now called the "Shape Tool") which is the second one down from the top of your left tool bar. With this tool, you can select the nodes that are not joined and then select the icon on the top of the page on the left side that shows 3 dots, two unconnected and a little arrow pointing to one that is connected. Click on this icon and it will join the two nodes together. Then do the same with the other end of the segment until the object becomes a solid closed object. To test, select a color swatch as a fill. Once the object is closed it will automatically fill.

Hope this helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
plasmachad
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: coreldraw ?

Post by plasmachad »

thanks for the help

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”