Corel X8 Newbie here... help please

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Smoking Hot BBQ
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Corel X8 Newbie here... help please

Post by Smoking Hot BBQ »

I am new and could use a little guidance. We have CorelDraw X8 and I am just learning how to use this software. I have successfully imported pics.. but need help creating and understanding the best way to create unique artwork so I can save it as a DXF file and then move it to sheetcam. I am attempting to create a mountain scene and lake scene similar to this but with no animals. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :) I hear some of you talking about lines that are not complete and don't quite understand the best way to figure this out.
43595.jpeg
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Newbie here... help please

Post by RobinHillMachine »

That picture won't work due to the angles. You will need to google new images to use.

Open a new document in Corel Draw. Import the JPG. Add a layer. Save.

Then in the left column there is a B-Spline tool. Click on that. Manually trace the image. Save every once in a while just incase.

Then go back to the left column and get the Pick tool. Hide layer one with the googled image. Select all that you drew, right click and combine. The Object Manager to the left will display it as a curve now. Save again as a CDR.

Then delete the google image. Save As DXF. Import to SheetCAM.

And make sure to watch every Doug Green video on Youtube. Follow along as he designs stuff. You will learn a lot from this youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoPTrf ... e9tAluMzig

Corel X7 is all I use to make files.
Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”