Corel X5 Node Help Please

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
sbest1
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Corel X5 Node Help Please

Post by sbest1 »

Hi. I've spent numerous hours looking through the help here. Thanks to Gamelords tutorial I've learned the tracing and how to reduce the nodes. The problem is that after I've exported the trace in dxf with the nodes reduced and I re-import the dxf, it has lots of nodes again and doesn't look like the node reduction saved. I'm wondering if I have a setting wrong somewhere. Do I export as an enhanced image or wireframe? I also can't seem to find where it tells me the number of nodes other than my original trace. Can someone steer me in the right direction please? Attached is an example.
Attachments
Nodes.dxf
(556.07 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Corel X5 Node Help Please

Post by Gamelord »

The problem is the exporting and re-importing, when you import the file from DXF to CDR (corel's format) it adds the nodes back in. Also check the way you are exporting the file, some formats will not export the splines and curves correctly and therefore will add in the nodes to make the curve look right. if it is adding the nodes in when you import into your cutting software, try exporting out in some different autocad formats to see if that will make it better.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
sbest1

Re: Corel X5 Node Help Please

Post by sbest1 »

Thanks Gamelord. I tried that and my cutting software will only recognize the older formats. That is why I usually use EPS format. Can you advise me as to where I can see the number of nodes? Thanks for your help.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”