Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: A body got X 8 ?

Post by muzza »

I've downloaded the trial version and looked at some new features.

I'd have to say that the Enhanced Knife Tool alone makes the upgrade worth the money to me. I bridge text on average about 5 times a day or more and to be able to set a width and draw a line and it's done is so quick and simple. Add to that the node editing flexibility where you can select multiple nodes or sections of a drawing to manipulate will also make adjustments a lot simpler. Although I don't have to work with perspective images a lot, the ability to bring the image back into straight etc is much simpler than I'd normally do with the envelope tool.

I also use a Wacom tablet for most of my freehand work and X8 is much more tablet compatible to pen pressure and now has shape recognition which really speeds up roughing out a design for a customer.

I've been very happy with X5 for a few years now and I'm sure with these added features and the others like the bump feature etc with X6 and X7 I'm sure I'm going to be over the moon.
Murray
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

The knife tool used with gap setting works great if going right through text, but if you only want one sided bridge I can't figure out a way to make it work, have you had any luck there Murray?
Thanks
Sean
muzza wrote: I bridge text on average about 5 times a day or more and to be able to set a width and draw a line and it's done is so quick and simple.
Murray
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

I do use it Sean, like I said I do a fair bit of bridging and as such I tend to freehand where I do the bridges. I have my gap set to 4.0mm and auto close on and have the smoothing set at 50. You can also use 2 point line or bezier, either way if you get your line slightly out it's pretty easy to adjust the nodes by eye. If your doing a bridge on a curved object or letter it's easy to manipulate the nodes by eye to make it flow. If I want to bridge for example a "d", I draw the cut at what I think is about 2 mm from the straight leg, if I'm out I either CTL+Z and redo it or most times just adjust the nodes.
There may be a way to do the offset all to one side which is what I think you are asking but I haven't found it yet. I discover most thing by trial and error and any help and tips from fellow users like Gamelord here.
Hope that helps a bit,
Murray
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

No worries Murray, I have had a good mess with the knife tool and can't seem to fathom a way to make it work as in the '0'
It cuts through both sides as in the '6' perfect.
It's not a problem, plenty other ways to do that.
Thanks anyway.
Clip_2.jpg
Clip_2.jpg (24.48 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”