Corel draw - Duplicate objects on top of each other

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Greg7806
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Corel draw - Duplicate objects on top of each other

Post by Greg7806 »

Does anyone know how to check layers on corel draw I will finish a piece everything looks good go to cut it and it trys to cut some things several times.thanks
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Corel draw

Post by tnbndr »

I don't know Corel and cannot open your file. My guess is that you have duplicate objects.
You would be better of moving this post to the software section of this forum under the Corel Draw and will likely get an answer as there are some experts on this forum.

http://plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=48
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Corel draw

Post by Gamelord »

Can't see your file either, but if you select your drawing and then delete it or move it to the side you can see if there is actually another one underneath it that you couldn't see before. The image may also be white with a white outlinie so it won't show up. If you have multiple items stacked on top of each other you won't see them but the plasma will try to cut each one, you will think it is cutting the same one two or three times but it is actually cutting each item once, they are all just stacked on top of each other.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Corel draw - Duplicate objects on top of each other

Post by Team Tracker »

I see this happen a lot when using Corels Power Trace feature to convert a bitmap to a vector drawing. It may not even be a true "layer" problem, you can have duplicate objects on top of each other and all be on the same layer.

What I find helps to identify these problems is the following:

-drop down Edit menu and click on Select All-Objects
-use the Outline pen tool to set the outline to Hairline outline and make the outline black
-drop down the View menu and select Enhanced View

Now have a look at your design you may notice that some profiles are much darker than others, these will be profiles that are stacked up or layered. Simply click on the on the profile and press Delete on your keyboard. It will be deleted and you you will be left with the identical profile that was underneath it. Review your entire drawing doing this and you should be left with a clean result. Hope this helps.
1-800-590-7804
Greg7806
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Greg7806 »

snow gauge finish1.plt
(91.96 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
here is file iif anyone can help it looks good command reads it plots it then when it cuts up the left side it misses its mark by a inch but right side and snowmobile cuts fine.if anyone can help would be great this one really is stumping me.thanks
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I did some cleanup on it but can't find anything really wrong. There were a bunch of open paths so that may have been an issue.

Check this one and see if it works.
Attachments
snow gauge edited.svg
(50.89 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”