New to corel

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
esracerx46
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

New to corel

Post by esracerx46 »

Ok, so Ive just downloaded the trial for corel x7. It's pretty foreign to me as I've used Autocad LT almost exclusively and havent had a need for any artwork type stuff. The whole raster, vector stuff is new to me as well, but I understand the difference. So I'm hoping someone can help me out. I was able to thanks to youtube, convert a jpg to a dxf. If I go there the easiest way, I have no idea. But heres my current dilemma. On this drawing I have an outer contour that I'd like to keep. I have an inner contour that almost goes all the way around the outer contour. If I kept that inner one as is, the whole thing would be pretty flimsy. How do I break up that contour so its not solid? Also, any tricks to get from jpg to dxf? I honestly couldnt tell you how I got there.
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: New to corel

Post by Team Tracker »

Select your grouped objects by clicking on it with the Pick tool, now drop down the Object menu from the top of your screen and scroll down to the Group fly out and select Ungroup All Objects. This should ungroup them so you can work with each object individually. Good luck :D
1-800-590-7804
esracerx46
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by esracerx46 »

That didnt really help much. The object was already ungrouped. I just have no idea how to work with them. I get how to remove nodes, but that doesnt help me either. I want to delete the line that connects the nodes....Forgive me if my terminology is off. This is completely foreign to me.
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

Google is your best friend.

Search for corel videos on you tube. There are thousands that will be able to help. :D

HTH

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Right click on the contour and select "Break Contour Apart" from the flyout menu. Then you can edit / move both pieces of the contour separately.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

If you want to remove a section of a line, click the node tool (Shape tool on newer versions) then select the lined object you want to edit. double click on middle of the section between the two nodes you want to remove (this adds a new node where you double click). Then click the icon on top that breaks the node apart, then select both ends of the broke apart node and hit delete. This will delete the two nodes (created when you broke the single node apart) and also delete the two lined segments going from the broken apart node to the next closest fixed nodes. If it removes more than you wanted it to, just undo -> add in a new node(s) where you want the segment(s) to stay -> repeat the delete function.

Hope that helps.

If this does not make sense, let me know and I will try to do some drawings for you.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

grindergary wrote:Google is your best friend.

Search for corel videos on you tube. There are thousands that will be able to help. :D

HTH

Gary
+1

That's the route I took plus Google for Coreldraw courses and books. You can go the "ask one question at a time route" but it's painfully slow. You can skip a lot of course material because we don't need the colour side of things, we're more interested in tracing, and dealing with lines, outlines, nodes, etc.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”