.tap to .dxf conversion

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
patc
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

.tap to .dxf conversion

Post by patc »

Hi.
I had some dxf files on my flash drive, which I lost. I have the tap files on my computer and was wondering if there is any way to convert the tap files back to dxf files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pat
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: .tap to .dxf conversion

Post by tcaudle »

tap is g-code and only remotely related to the original drawing. I don't know of anyway to go back the other direction. Only thing you might could do is do a simultion on the screen and screen grab of the toolpaths and use the auto trace in something like Inkscapre to get back to vectors. Won't be the right size but that is easy to change once its back in vector
Greolt
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Greolt »

Pat

There are probably a number of options, however the one that I have is called NCplot. Does a pretty good job of converting nc files to DXF.

Used to be a free version but does not look like it is still available. It is a bit pricey. When I bought it, it was much cheaper.

However the free trial period is 15 days. Plenty of time to convert all your tap files.

Take a look at it. It is a very comprehensive program.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I found this link some time ago. This method did not work for me, but it may for you.

Steve

http://forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php ... 13230bcf0d
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

You can easly do it in SheetCam. Import teh Tap file into Scam then you can even reverse teh offsetting if you know what it was . Then post it out as a DXF file. You will get a very close to perfect replica.

(;-) TP
patc

Post by patc »

Thanks to all for the advise. I have never used any of the programs mentioned. Is SheetCam expensive? It sounds like it's just what I need. Or maybe I could try the free NC plot program, hopefully it wont take me the full 15 days to figure out how to use it. Thanks again,
Pat
patc

Post by patc »

Thanks to all for the advise. I have never used any of the programs mentioned. Is SheetCam expensive? It sounds like it's just what I need. Or maybe I could try the free NC plot program, hopefully it wont take me the full 15 days to figure out how to use it. Thanks again,
Pat

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”