Corel FAQ

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Corel FAQ

Post by gamble »

Lets see if we can get this to a be a basic Q&A reference for some corel stuff.

Lets put all questions in bold and larger font so they are easier to find when someone is scrolling through

I just imported an image, how do I edit the nodes? Does it need to be traced first?
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Corel FAQ

Post by Team Tracker »

If you have imported an image I am guessing you're referring to a bitmap image and not a vector image . In that case there will be no nodes and it will need to be traced first to create the wireframe outline which will contain the nodes you can edit. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Team Tracker on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1-800-590-7804
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Bmp, jpg, tiff etc... images are 'usually' all raster type images, meaning they are made up with pixels of different colors to create the image and then compressed for small size. These can not be edited without changing the pixel qualities and usually you need to edit the entire image as a single unit. For plasma and most cutting programs, you need to convert the raster image to a vector image (x,y plotted image) Vector images can be sized up or down with no loss of quality because the image is re-drawn each time you change or edit or size it. So as said above, you will need to trace the imported jpg/bmp/tff/etc image first before you can edit or cut it.

Hope that helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

If I import a PDF it won't allow me to trace it. Is there a way to get this done?
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

A PDF file can contain many different elements and it may be that your PDF already contains the vectors you need. Drop down your view menu in Corel and select wireframe view. If you see a wireframe and the image doesn't just turn to a light grey fill you have vectors. Upload the file if you like and we can have a look at what your working with.
1-800-590-7804
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

Can you see if you can convert this to a high res jpeg or image file? I am trying to import it to my vinyl plotter and I can't get a good trace to save my life. Been at it for at least an hour and a half now. :(
Attachments
mazdasvg.svg
(337 Bytes) Downloaded 110 times
mazda-speed.svg
(10.07 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
mazda-speed.png
mazdamazda.dxf
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
mazdadxf.dxf
(406.42 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
mazda.dxf
(224 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

No need to trace this since it is already a vector and ready to use. I opened your file mazda-speed.svg in Corel and confirmed it is good to go. The other 3 files were not usable for me.

View it in wire frame and you will see your vector lines.
mazdaspeed sample.PNG
You may want to edit the size but aside from that its good to go. :D
1-800-590-7804

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”