Any suggestions? I tried the 32 and 64 bit versions. My OS is Windows 7
Attachments
Capture12.PNG
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Downloaded the free trial, it wont open

Post by CNCCAJUN »

CorelDraw 7 was a PIA to install . . . can it reach out to the internet?

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

Yep.

I am installing it on another pc right now to see if the issue is isolated to that one machine
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

Which it was, I have it up and running fine on my other pc. Hmmmm. Now I need to decide if it is worth the money. The more I use Solid Edge the less I like it :D
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

From what I gather Solid Edge is a full blown 3D CAD program . . .

While I would love to be able to to do 3D, I have never been able to justify the amount of time to learn.

I think you could use AutoCAd LT, DraftSight, CorelDraw to anything for the plasma table.

Do not get me wrong there has been many a time I would love to have had 3D capability to get a better idea how something would work or look.

My plan is to do my artsy stuff in CorelDraw & parts in AutoCAD LT.

DraftSight is FREE & it is a total clone of AutoCAD LT.

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

There is a 3d solid edge, however I use the 2d version.

It is not very friendly with text, thats the biggest issue I am having with it. In Corel it is very text friendly. The Solid Edge is very, very good at drawing up brackets, tabs, etc. It will stay for that sort of thing
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

However I should ad the more I use Inkscape the better I like it. Like anything its just a matter of learning the program I am sure
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

jessechop wrote:Which it was, I have it up and running fine on my other pc. Hmmmm. Now I need to decide if it is worth the money. The more I use Solid Edge the less I like it :D
Not sure which one you are referring to there.

I use both the free SolidEdge2D and Coreldraw X5. I seem to use Coreldraw for most things, even simple mechanical type 2D drawing. I actually find CD much easier and faster to use than SolidEdge for basic mechanical drawings. The key is knowing what tools are available in it to assist with that type of drawing. Snaps, grid, guidelines, and more more, there's quite a range in Coreldraw. To me CD is almost like a mechanical and arty cad drawing package wrapped in one.

A very recent post was about getting two circle concentric to make a donut. Someone said that's one of the many things that you must do in a mechanical cad drawing package. Not true, takes me seconds to do that in CD, and it's got very good accuracy.

Coreldraw has an added benefit that you can get macros/plug-ins for it that expand its versatility.

That's my 2c anyway.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

I was referring to the $300 for Corel. I have Solid Edge and the more I use and get used to it I do like it. However adding text is basically not a real good option, thus I ended up in Inkscape. After using Corel for awhile last night I don't think it is the best choice for me. Maybe after I get a little deeper into things, but not this instant
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

There is a huge learning curve with any art/drawing program. Each one has so many features that it takes a very long time to really figure them all out and remember where they are.

Once you get them mastered, it is simple to get done what you need done. Trick is to figure out how to do it.

I have used many and Corel still tends to be the quickest and easiest for me....but I have been using it since ver. 3 on DOS/Win3.1 lol
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”