Help with Offset on txt in Corel...

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
dunnmfg
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Help with Offset on txt in Corel...

Post by dunnmfg »

Hello,

I have been playing with this for hours and cant get the result Im looking for. Can someone explain how to use the contour tool to get the effect of FIRE FIGHTER? I dont want to step on anyones toes but I found this picture online over the weekend and now I cant find it again. I want to make one for my towns VFD.

Thanks!
Attachments
FIRE.JPG
FIRE.JPG (157.42 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Help with Offset on txt in Corel...

Post by muzza »

That one doesn't look like it was done with the "Contour" tool as the corners are radiused etc. but here's how to do it with "Contour"

Layout your text as wanted and combine, then select your "Contour" docker and check "outside" and enter the value you want to contour it by ie 1/2" and leave steps as "1" and "Apply"
click on the new outside contour line and then go to "Arrange" select "Break Contour Group Apart", click the screen to deselect and select the "Shape Tool' and click on the contour line to show all the nodes.
Now delete all the nodes that you don't want where it is following the shape of the text including any little inboard islands and make any adjustments you want to radius or fillet the corners etc.
Done.
Murray
dunnmfg

Post by dunnmfg »

Thanks Murray
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Another way would be to make two rounded corner rectangles. Change to objects and double click and skew then right. Weld the smaller on top of the larger Then drop in the Text (you can skew it the same way if you change it to an object)

For the end on the Right i would change the lines to curves, stick in a couple of nodes and just shape the right side to match

The thing about CorelDraw is there are sometimes several ways to do a complex layout

I assume you figured out how to usue the weld and trim tool on the letters to get the "sprues" on the letters

TOM C

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”