Corel draw fonts

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Corel draw fonts

Post by OTHill »

Hi. I recently had to do a fresh download of Coreldraw x5.I used to have hundreds of fonts to choose from now there are only 50 or so.Can somebody please tell me where I could have got my previous ones? I don't remember that I did anything different.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Corel draw fonts

Post by Gamelord »

Your fonts are installed in Windows and should still be there, regardless of what program you downloaded or installed.

A while ago there was an issue with one of the Windows updates that did effect Corel X5. This is not a Corel issue but an issue that Microsoft created. The update is Windows update KB2753842, which was messed up and would hide fonts from X5 and some other programs. That update has long been fixed though but if you are not updating your windows regularly or have windows updates turned off, that may be the issue. Check your update history and see if that update has been done, or if your system has recently updated itself. If so, you may want to uninstall that update and see if that fixes the problem.

Hope that helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Gamelord wrote:Your fonts are installed in Windows and should still be there, regardless of what program you downloaded or installed.

A while ago there was an issue with one of the Windows updates that did effect Corel X5. This is not a Corel issue but an issue that Microsoft created. The update is Windows update KB2753842, which was messed up and would hide fonts from X5 and some other programs. That update has long been fixed though but if you are not updating your windows regularly or have windows updates turned off, that may be the issue. Check your update history and see if that update has been done, or if your system has recently updated itself. If so, you may want to uninstall that update and see if that fixes the problem.

Hope that helps.
Sorry I should have said Corel X3.I had to do a complete new reload of windows Xp.I don't know where I got the Fonts from.As far as I know they came with my down load of X3.I'm lost!
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

If you purchased the dowloadable version you may not have received the fonts....I am not sure. Check to see what your downlaod included. If you purchased the CD Version, your fonts are probably on the install CD.

You can find Font CD's for sale that have 10K fonts on them for pretty cheap if you can't get your fonts back from the Corel install.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Gamelord wrote:If you purchased the dowloadable version you may not have received the fonts....I am not sure. Check to see what your downlaod included. If you purchased the CD Version, your fonts are probably on the install CD.

You can find Font CD's for sale that have 10K fonts on them for pretty cheap if you can't get your fonts back from the Corel install.
Alls well again.I contacted the guy that did my reload and he had a copy of my old hard drive and was able to reload my lost fonts.Thanks so much for your help.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”