New to CNC would Corel convert this EPS to DXF

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
dichdoc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

New to CNC would Corel convert this EPS to DXF

Post by dichdoc »

I have an EPS file of a business logo that I need to Convert to DXF. In the past I have had someone else do this for me with the recent purchase of a plasma table I'm starting to think I should be able to do this. Is Corel Draw the right choice and what is the process? Is there a tutorial. It wouldn't ler me attach an eps so heres a pdf. Travis
Attachments
balcologonotagclr.pdf
(107.97 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: New to CNC would Corel convert this EPS to DXF

Post by Gamelord »

Here's a quick trace I did in Corel Draw. Some of the detail is not there and if I was doing this for my customer I would probably draw in the detail that got deleted. This trace took appx. 5-6 minutes to complete. Again, if it was my customer, I would spend a lot more time on it, clean it up a bunch and hand-draw in the details that didn't make it through the tracing process.

Steps taken:
Opened the PDF file, copied the image, then pasted it into Corel PHOTO-PAINT. In there, I cropped it, then increased the resolution from 72 (standard web PDF resolution) to 300 so that I had a cleaner image to work with.

Then I went in and converted the image from color to a 1 bit black and white - line art drawing. This took out all the colors and changed everything I wanted to save to black (blacks & grays & all other colors). Then I copied the image and opened a blank page up in Corel Draw. Pasted the copied image and then traced the bitmap. During the trace, I removed the background, grouped all colors (only white an black because I converted it beforehand). Then I ungrouped the trace, deleted the white and exported the remains to the DXF file that you see below.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Balco-logo.jpg
Balco-logo.dxf
(434.53 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
dichdoc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: New to CNC would Corel convert this EPS to DXF

Post by dichdoc »

Thanks for the info I have a cousin who is a graphic artist. I have leaned on him to convert in the past and he came through on this one. Appartently he uses Adobe Ilustrator and said he just saved it as a dxf?? Still needs work to cut in layers. I've got alot to learn Travis
Attachments
BalcoLogoNoTagClr.dxf
(423.4 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”