THC wanted

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
kazuo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

THC wanted

Post by kazuo »

Hi everyone, I am looking to add a ATHC to my torchmate2. Anyone want to chime in with what they are using and how it works for them?

I got a quote from Torchmate, they want $2500 for one. Seems a little steep to me but maybe its the way to go... Its definatly the most complete.

I also got quotes from Agelkom and CandCNC.

CandCNC says I need to replace all the drives and controls with thier system as their system is not compatable with the current TM system. They quoted me about $1400 but I really don't want to replace everything. Seems like a big hassel for a CNC newbie like me.

Agelkom has the controlers for around $400 but it looks like I need to build the rest of it. I need a couple of switches and a motor plus a mount for the torch, unless I can reuse the one that came with the TM2. Again seems like a lot of messing around.

What are you guys using?
501SCS53
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: THC wanted

Post by 501SCS53 »

hi i have a torchmate 2 also and am looking for the same hope someone comes up with something i would also like to add a router but it looks like i would need another table anyone?
thanks dave
Wine Country
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Wine Country »

I have a 5X10 Dynatorch table with their THC . They offer a retrofit THC with servomotor and torch mount. The
torch mount also has the ball lead screw in an air box to keep the cutting dust out. You just need to provide the low pressure air supply to it. I believe they are asking just over $2100 for the complete assembly, but it is first class and you can watch demo videos of it in action. Marty
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by trucks1948 »

Check out this web site.I haven't used this myself but i'm thinking about trying one.At $500.00 the price is right.Jim http://www.soundlogicus.com
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

^^^ Nice find!!!! I may have to get one of those thc's. And that spindle control may be just what I have in mind for the mill I will be building soon, can't beat that price either.

Thanks,

Jim
lm700
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by lm700 »

when I bought my torchmate I also bought hypertherm powermax 600. then later when I had the money I wanted to buy the thc. but when I called torchmate thay told me that the powermax 600 is not capable of supporting the thc and I would have to use proximity senors. so I bought that system but dont like it. does anybody know if I can put a thc. on the powermax 600?
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by srp »

I likewise had inquired from torchmate about THC. My plasma unit uses a hi-freq pilot arc start and their unit will not handle that. It appears that the Powermax 600 is of the same type. Torch heigth control is available - $7,000 - 10,000. Quoted prices.
lm700
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by lm700 »

WOW! for that price i just might keep what i have. but thanks for you input.
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

^^^ thats good to know I have been looking at new plasma boxes and most of them I was looking at were high frequency start and i wondered what kind of issues i would have putting them on a cnc.

Thanks for the info,

Jim
kazuo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by kazuo »

Thanks for all the input here guys. For right now we decieded to just rig up an electric motor to the hand cranked height bracket that came with the machine. Kinda ghetto but hopefuly it will work well enough to get us going.
501SCS53
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 501SCS53 »

let me know how your motor idea works and i'll try thanks

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”