Amps for fine tips

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Amps for fine tips

Post by jeeplogic83 »

I am running a Hypertherm 1000 with fine tips. what should my amps be set at for 12ga cold rolled?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Amps for fine tips

Post by admin »

I would set your amperage for 40 amps and start your cut speed off around 70-80 ipm. I always like to cut 1" test squares to get the PERFECT speed and cutting height determined, then cut my parts.

The important thing to remember is that you will wear the fine cut tips out very fast if you overpower them with too much amperage. I always recommend finding out the maximum rated amperage and never exceed that for the tips you are using.

You should be able to get fantastic, almost slag free parts with your fine cuts and 12 ga steel once you get it set up right.

admin :mrgreen:
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

Hypertherm fine cuts are rated for no higher than 40 amps.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

For the Hypertherm FineCut consumable settings: Open your manual and follow the specifications.....the specs work very well just as Hypertherm published them! If you do not have the manual...it can be downloaded from the Hypertherm web site for free.

Jim Colt

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”