Spent the day dialing in the .375

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Spent the day dialing in the .375

Post by rock4xfab »

Need to make some axle brackets for a friend.. So I played with the file, cut speed, peirce height and cut height. Here is what I got...Profile 20 IPM, ID 15 IPM pierce height .180 cut height .085.. I played with hieght controls from .130 down to .060 this was the best so far. Also I used some of my anti splatter spray from the welder on each side of the material It helped alot the parts fell out of the nest and the Dross fell off the material when you tapped it. Machine thermal dynamics Cutmaster 51 60 PSI air.

Nice square edge
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Spent the day dialing in the .375

Post by ronsii »

Nice work rock4xfab, Looks Great!!!

now if I could get 5/8's to look that good I would be all set, I am close but not perfect. :)
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

ronsii wrote:Nice work rock4xfab, Looks Great!!!

now if I could get 5/8's to look that good I would be all set, I am close but not perfect. :)
Thats one I cant do on my plasma cutter.. The machine is not big enough, but I can cut it on the laser..
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ronsii »

Here is what I got from a cutmaster 81 on 5/8 you can see on the left of the pic it is almost 90 degrees (slight gap at the bottom of the cut) then on to the right side of the pic the angle is very pronounced, cut was made with one setting for ipm. around 16IPM 60 AMP 60 amp tip I think. There is also a piece of 3/16ths sitting on the left side of the pic I was running tests on couldn't get rid of the angle but I was running pretty high IPM's at full power.
5/8 th steel cut at 16 ipm 60 amp
5/8 th steel cut at 16 ipm 60 amp
right side angle
right side angle
This cut was for a quickattach bracket set for a case mini excavator digging bucket, so I wanted the cut edges as flat as possible so digging forces would be spread out evenly on the excavator side of the mount so as not to cause too much wear on the machine.
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

nice cuts... I need to upgrade to a larger TD unit when funds become available.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

Here's a cut from some 1" mild steel, cut from my TD 151. It's rated at 1.25" but this is the thickest I've cut on it. I'm happy with the edge... a little bevel, but not much. Pretty good for plasma I think.

I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

Nice.. I want to stay with the TD unit because I have already purchaced the Machine torch.. I like being able to swap between the table and mobile cutting with a twist lock. Will look into one of TD's larger units one that has true arc voltage so I can get rid of the current sence relay.
evoandyvii
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by evoandyvii »

That is a really nice cut quality rock4xfab.

I'm new to the forum and i also have a TD 152 set up on a water table. I use SheetCAM and MACH3 to generate and run the g-codes. For a while i thought i was going crazy because the Specs in the owners manual weren't producing a very good cut quality. Once i saw your specs i knew that the book was worth tossing out.

I'm trying to cut half inch and 3/4 inch steel and i'm having a hell of a time getting it to even cut all the way through the metal let alone cut nicely. If you have any other cut quality tips on thicker metals do you mind if I could pick your brain for the info?
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

evoandyvii wrote:That is a really nice cut quality rock4xfab.

I'm new to the forum and i also have a TD 152 set up on a water table. I use SheetCAM and MACH3 to generate and run the g-codes. For a while i thought i was going crazy because the Specs in the owners manual weren't producing a very good cut quality. Once i saw your specs i knew that the book was worth tossing out.

I'm trying to cut half inch and 3/4 inch steel and i'm having a hell of a time getting it to even cut all the way through the metal let alone cut nicely. If you have any other cut quality tips on thicker metals do you mind if I could pick your brain for the info?

my Cutmaster 51 only will cut 3/8" with the machine torch. I tried .5" and that did not go so well. TD's manual on cut conditions SUCKS ASS!. I have two differnt manuals and seen two different settings. In fact I printed them out thinking they were the same until I looked at them. WHat I do on every new plate thickness, is perform 4" line cuts. I play with speed, PH and Cut height along with Peirce time. Then I cut a square 3x3 with a hole in the center. One thing I have done to save some time, is manually edit my post to have different Cut heights and Peirce heights all on the same part then I use the best quality. in my cut conditions book.
evoandyvii
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by evoandyvii »

I see thanks appreciate the tip I'll try it

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”