Fine Cut Consumables

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
mark67inman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Fine Cut Consumables

Post by mark67inman »

My local Hyper therm rep cannot seem to get the shielded kit part number for me. I am running a 45 and want to run 30 amp shielded or what ever is going to give me a good cut on fine cutting with my machine. I have height control and they sold me the wrong kit which didn't sense the material. Unfortunately i cannot buy directly from hyper therm. Any help would be great .

Thanks

Mark
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine Cut Consumables

Post by jimcolt »

Does your torch height control have "Ohmic Sensing"? If you are not sure you can tell me what brand and type of torch height control you have. The part numbers for consumables are listed in your manual. There are no "FineCut" parts for the Powermax45, rather, there are 30 Amp parts that can be used that are not shielded, But I would recomend just using the shielded 45 Amp parts for all cutting. If you follow the specifications in the manual under mechanized cutting, use the exact parts listed, and use the optimal speed settings...you will get excellent quality with the Powermax45 on all material thicknesses.

Here are the parts numbers to use for 45 amp mechanized cutting:

Shield: 220673
Retaining Cap: 220713
Retaining cap for use with a height control with Ohmic Contact: 220719
Nozzle: 220671
Swirl Ring: 220670
Electrode: 220669

Here are the part numbers for 30 amp mechanized (non shielded) cutting (these will not work with ohmic contact)

Deflector: 220569
Retaining Cap: 220483
Nozzle: 220480
Swirl Ring: 220479
Electrode: 220478

Note: these 30 amp parts are the same parts used in a Powermax30

You can look at all consumable combinations for any Hypertherm system by going to http://www.hypertherm.com and click on products, then consumables by system. If you are not sure where to buy your consumables, go to http://www.hypertherm.com and click on the "where to buy" tab at the top of the page.

I have a Powermax45 on my home cnc machine.....I do all of my cutting....from 26 gauge to 1" with the 45 amp shielded consumables listed above. They work very well and I have no complaints. If you need help dialing it in for a particular material or thickness....contact me and I'll help you out. jim.colt@hypertherm.com

There is no mechanized consumable kit for the Powermax45. The consumables must be ordered separately.

Jim

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”