Can't Control Carriage

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
montanarose
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Can't Control Carriage

Post by montanarose »

Hello, went to start cutting this morning & machine would not Initialize. I have a PlasmaCam machine ,, Error keeps saying,, Can't Control Carriage Gentry, Check wiring & if carrage is jammed with item.... I did the xyz test & messed with the cables while machine was running & didnt do anything.. Can anyone help,, of course Customer Support is closed on day I finally need them... Appreciate any help,, Thank You...
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Can't Control Carriage

Post by jimcolt »

1. Run the gantry all the way to the back and check that it is not out of square. It should trip the limit switch just before the right side hits the hard stop. If the right side hits first...you will error.

2. Power the control box and computer down, disconnect and reconnect both ends of the parallel cable linking control box to computer and wait about 1 minute, then restart everything.

Generally one of these will solve it.

montanarose wrote:Hello, went to start cutting this morning & machine would not Initialize. I have a PlasmaCam machine ,, Error keeps saying,, Can't Control Carriage Gentry, Check wiring & if carrage is jammed with item.... I did the xyz test & messed with the cables while machine was running & didnt do anything.. Can anyone help,, of course Customer Support is closed on day I finally need them... Appreciate any help,, Thank You...

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”