Sheetcam cutting same spot over and over

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
MountainGoat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Sheetcam cutting same spot over and over

Post by MountainGoat »

I have a nested file I created in SheetCam. When I run it on Mach3, it is cutting the same place over again a few times until the table floods over the top of the steel from all of the air blowing in the one hole, then it shuts itself off.

I can't figure out why it's not moving on to the other shapes in the file

Can someone look at the file and my screen shot of Mach3 at shutdown and see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Jennifer
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam cutting same spot over and over

Post by WyoGreen »

We would love to look at your file if you would attach it.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
MountainGoat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MountainGoat »

Steve,

Thank you for replying! I was hoping attach a file was an option, but this was my first post on my husbands account so I wasn't quite sure what I was doing.

I have been trying to set up my own account, but I never get the confirmation email for some reason.

I just remade this file from scratch, and it is working fine now. Something happened (user error) at some point, but for now the problem is fixed!

Thanks for being there!
Jennifer
MountainGoat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MountainGoat »

Uh - Oh . . . I wasn't having a problem with the new file . . . . until I ran the torch off the edge of the material. I thought it sensed the edge and wouldn't cut over it if I accidentally got my "nests" too close to the edge. I even thought I had enough gap but I guess my initial lineup was too far in, pushing my final output too far out.

The machine is now stuck off the edge, with the nozzle in the water. I don't know what to do. The 3 button to raise the torch head is not working.

Ahhh! Any suggestions? Using Mach3 Trucut machine with a Hypertherm 65.

-Jennifer
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Click the Stop button then try to move the Z up
MountainGoat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MountainGoat »

Oh thank you so much. I was pushing the controller to raise the torch and it wasn't working. You gave me the confidence to keep trying and after about five tries it finally raised.

I feel silly with all of my questions! But I sure am excited to learn and create new things!
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

MountainGoat wrote:Oh thank you so much. I was pushing the controller to raise the torch and it wasn't working. You gave me the confidence to keep trying and after about five tries it finally raised.

I feel silly with all of my questions! But I sure am excited to learn and create new things!
You will have better luck using the keyboard number pad to raise and lower the torch when not cutting (just jogging around the table) the THC controller is mainly for when actually cutting. To move the torch up and down with the controller make sure the THC button is black and the AUTO button is white. otherwise your inputs will have no effect as its trying to do it automatically. But for jogging around the table or when trying to lift the torch out of the water, just use the keyboard. Also make sure the ANTI-DIVE button on the controller is black and you will be much less likely to have the torch dive into the water if it runs off the sheet. (also very helpful when cutting holes) I've provided a link to Trucut's keyboard legend. This relates to the number pad on the keyboard where 9 is Z-up 3 is Z-down 1 is ZERO ALL...etc MAKE SURE you have the NUMLOCK activated in the keyboard.

http://www.trucutcnc.com/S1-Manual/keypad-legend.jpg
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

As far as it cutting the same hole over and over I would guess there is a problem with the drawing where there are multiple copies of the same hole right on top of one another in the same layer. although Sheetcam should have removed duplicate vectors when importing the file.
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

It's probably come about when using multiple duplicate when nesting in sheetcam, have had it happen a few times.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”