Nozzle,electrode replaced

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Rudy198
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Nozzle,electrode replaced

Post by Rudy198 »

Hi guys I'm all new to this plasma stuff, We have one at the high school and finally got it running pretty good. One problem we noticed is the torch would dive in auto but in manual it was fine. So we cut a few pieces 3/16 in manual mode on the torchmate 4x4 using a hypertherm 1250. Some cuts we noticed have a slight bevel to it so we checked the nozzle and electrode. Looks like the nozzle needs to be replaced. My question is how many inches should a nozzle and electrode last if everything was dialed in?
We are running 60 amp nozzle ,60amps, 137 volts, travel speed 80. We found those settings in the HT manual.
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Nozzle,electrode replaced

Post by Old Iron »

It all depends on the moisture quality of air.
The drier the air the longer the consumables last.
Cut height being correct
Pierce height correct
If the nozzle contacts the material it'll damage it pretty much immediately.
The way to know is to check them like you did.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Nozzle,electrode replaced

Post by jimcolt »

There is a section in the Powermax1250 (Hypertherm brand) operators manual that provides guidance on inspecting the consumable parts. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Rudy198 wrote:Hi guys I'm all new to this plasma stuff, We have one at the high school and finally got it running pretty good. One problem we noticed is the torch would dive in auto but in manual it was fine. So we cut a few pieces 3/16 in manual mode on the torchmate 4x4 using a hypertherm 1250. Some cuts we noticed have a slight bevel to it so we checked the nozzle and electrode. Looks like the nozzle needs to be replaced. My question is how many inches should a nozzle and electrode last if everything was dialed in?
We are running 60 amp nozzle ,60amps, 137 volts, travel speed 80. We found those settings in the HT manual.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”