TORCH NOT CUTTING COMPLET CIRCLE

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
beaver greek
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

TORCH NOT CUTTING COMPLET CIRCLE

Post by beaver greek »

I have a Power-max 45xp with advance design and basic THC. When I cut a circle the torch starts at the lead end goes around the circle but when the torch stops their is about an 1/8" tab left. What do I need to change to cut all the way around the circle without leaving the little tab. I would appreciate any help Thanks. Beaver Greek

;"
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TORCH NOT CUTTING COMPLET CIRCLE

Post by acourtjester »

A table follows what the G-code tells it to do, If you CAM program has a simulate function use that before you cut and watch the path indicator as it move around the circles. The path indicator should start at a point and end at the point also then move to the next cut operation. It could also be your drawn circles are not complete
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
beaver greek
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by beaver greek »

I have design edge no g-codes( Plasma-cam)
Mreeerox
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mreeerox »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I never had this problem before, until last week and the only thing I can think of is because when designing the files, I have figured out how to thicken the lines so they are more bold for cuts. It's almost as if the torch ends the lines early, on the original size, if that makes sense. All of my old files have not been affected, only the recent ones. I have an old ass torchmate and design on inkscape.
CHAOTiC WAYz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by CHAOTiC WAYz »

I have seen this before, in the case i saw, one axis motor had the drive gear set screw come loose. it made it look like backlash, but it was just loose enough to be off the 1/8.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”