Bevel

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Bevel

Post by rbmgf7 »

I just redid my slats so I could bring the working piece closer to the water. I had a 4 inch deep pan but beforehand the part sat at least an inch above the water and kicked up terrible amounts of smoke and dust (but the cuts were great). I needed to cut down the dust so I remade the slats and now the part sits directly on top of the water.

I've cut 3/16 and 1/4 inch beautifully before with near neutral to the correct bevel and nearly no dross.

Now my parts are cutting as if the cut was leaning. There's a bevel on one side and the lower half is near neutral; as if the part is leaning.

The torch is square to the material and I have the correct cut direction in Sheetcam (programming-wise, I'm using the same speed and direction from before that yielded great results).

Not sure what caused this bevel "lean".

Equipment: PM45 with mech torch, ESS, Proma, Mach3, Sheetcam
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Bevel

Post by rbmgf7 »

That was quick. I went back to troubleshoot some more.

Found one of the holes on the nozzle shield was plugged. Cleaned it out and now it cuts like normal.
ScottF
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ScottF »

Glad you got it sorted out quickly and it wasn't anything major.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Those plugged shield holes will bite you every once in a while. I've gotten to where I pop the torch off the mount and check the holes before every cutting session.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”