It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 am

A5 gas? for cutting stainless

Plasma Cut Quality can often be an issue for many of us. Check here if you have plasma cut quality issues. Ask a question, look for advice, post a helpful tip here.
tnttracy

A5 gas? for cutting stainless

Postby tnttracy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am

all new to me, just heard about it at the lws. reading the spec sheet says its only good to 1/4" and over. i'm really wanting to try it on 10g and have a bottle and gas fitting on order.

anybody have experience, am i throwing my money away?

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

jimcolt
Elite Contributing Member

Re: A5 gas? for cutting stainless

Postby jimcolt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am

edited, new post below!
Last edited by jimcolt on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimcolt

Postby jimcolt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 am

You will get angular, drossy cuts if you use this F5 (5% hydrogen, 95% nitrogen) on materials thinner than the cut charts suggest. You can get much nicer cuts on materials thinner than 1/4" when using air or nitrogen as the gas. Jim Colt Hypertherm

jimcolt

Postby jimcolt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:51 am

You will get angular, drossy cuts if you use this F5 (5% hydrogen, 95% nitrogen) on materials thinner than the cut charts suggest. You can get much nicer cuts on materials thinner than 1/4" when using air or nitrogen as the gas. Be sure you use a regulator at the cylinder to keep the plasma inlet pressure below 135 psi and above 90 psi. Set the gas regulator at about 115psi with gas flowing at the torch for best results. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”