Plasma Problems, help!

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Spitterkat
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Plasma Problems, help!

Post by Spitterkat »

Hi,

I'm having a few issues with the plasma cutter I work with where, should the cut be interrupted / have any problems & require homing, does not resume in the last saved location (it is usually out by about 100mm).

Also, I'm having another issue where the physical torch height is different from the programmed transfer height (out by about 1.5mm)

Has anyone had these issues / know how to fix them? I live in New Zealand, and our tech support is pretty bad. If you don't know how to fix them, who do you know of that may be able to provide some sort of assistance remotely.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasma Problems, help!

Post by acourtjester »

It will help if you say what manufacture's table you are using
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

yup, need much more information. Table brand (or home made) what software, what cam program, what plasma cutter, machine or hand held torch, and what ever else you think may help us figure this out with you.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Spitterkat
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Spitterkat »

- torch - centricut quick disconnect torch (C107-1050) -- its a cnc machine
- gas mixer - proline 2260 – kaliburn
- software - hypertherm edge pro Ti V 9.75.0
- the table is custom made

I use autocad LT 2016 & pronest LT for nesting
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Last edited by beefy on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
urbnsr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by urbnsr »

A few thoughts/questions:
1. If a cut is interrupted, why does it need to be re-homed?

2. After homing and returning to the last saved location, does the controller "think" it's at the correct location?

3. Are both X and Y axis off by the same amount or is each axis off relative to the amount of movement from home to last saved location?

Thank you...
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The Edge Pro CNC control (it is the controller, not the software) is a Hypertherm product. Best bet to get help with your questions is to contact Hypertherm technical service. That is what they are there for! technical.service@hypertherm.com Jim Colt Hypertherm

Spitterkat wrote:Hi,

I'm having a few issues with the plasma cutter I work with where, should the cut be interrupted / have any problems & require homing, does not resume in the last saved location (it is usually out by about 100mm).

Also, I'm having another issue where the physical torch height is different from the programmed transfer height (out by about 1.5mm)

Has anyone had these issues / know how to fix them? I live in New Zealand, and our tech support is pretty bad. If you don't know how to fix them, who do you know of that may be able to provide some sort of assistance remotely.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”