Plasmacam Settings Chart?

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
DCMW
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Plasmacam Settings Chart?

Post by DCMW »

I am sure it is on here somewhere (hopefully) but I cant find it. I was wondering if someone has come up with proven settings that work on 1/8" or various thickness metals with a hypertherm 65 on a Plasmacam table with advanced height control. Thanks for any help.
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Plasmacam Settings Chart?

Post by icmplasma85 »

The book specs from Hypertherm work great for all of their systems. I also have a powermax 65 and a DHC2 from Plasmacam and cut 1/8" with fine cut consumables (45amps). Your cut height on steel is almost always going to be .06". Other settings for 1/8" should be:

45amps/fine cut consumables
Pierce height = 0.15"
Pierce delay = 0.5 sec
Cut height = 0.06
Cut speed = 95in per min for 10ga or 120in per min for 12ga (I consider 10ga 11ga and 12ga to all be "1/8 inch")

Cut speed may be your problem if you are cutting, say 10ga, and think it is 12ga.
May need to slow your speed down if you're not getting thru the metal. If you have a Hypertherm system their book specs don't lie. 9 times out of 10 if you set the book specs and aren't getting good results it is something else you have wrong on your end like air pressure or wrong amperage/consumables or you think you're cutting one thickness of material when it's actually another.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
DCMW
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DCMW »

What about the Voltage settings?? Im not on my computer with design edge right now. But I remember seeing minimum and max voltages??
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Set the minimum voltage to 1.9 Volts and the Maximum to 12 Volts with Hypertherm plasma systems. Jim Colt Hypertherm
DCMW
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DCMW »

Thanks for the feedback guys

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”