Bevel issue made me punch my kids in the face!

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Bevel issue made me punch my kids in the face!

Post by motoguy »

Cut some 1/4" AL yesterday. Edges looked great. Looks like that o-ring was indeed the fix. I have made sure to clean the inside of the retaining cap after every consumable change/cap removal, as well as make sure that o-ring is always "wet" with the grease mentioned above. Curious if everyone else continued to have good results after replacing, or if your bevel issues came back.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

My issue has not returned either
pmfsteelcorp
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by pmfsteelcorp »

after 3 months of fighting with my machine supplier I've finally gave up yesterday and told them to pick up my table and plasma now feeling like a fool that the problem all alone was the rings unbelievable so mad right now on a better nope I'm still returning my td cutmaster 152 and bought a hypertherm 105 so I'm excited about that
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Did you replace the o-rings and confirm the issue? Or does this thread just make you think that was the problem? Also, not sure if this issue applies to the TD stuff...I believe everyone here was referring to the Hypertherm machines. I don't know how TD handles airflow and sealing on their end.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
pmfsteelcorp
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by pmfsteelcorp »

motoguy wrote:Did you replace the o-rings and confirm the issue? Or does this thread just make you think that was the problem? Also, not sure if this issue applies to the TD stuff...I believe everyone here was referring to the Hypertherm machines. I don't know how TD handles airflow and sealing on their end.
Well after replacing everything O-rings / Starter cartridge / electrodes / tip / it was cutting 100% straight after a few cuts it is starting to shift the piece to one side I am cutting 1/2 material .19 torch height plasma speed 24 (I upped it to 60 and it still cuts the same way ) I might raise the torch or if anyone recommends lowering it let me know also Thank you.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”