HyperTheerm's New Hi-Def Plasma Cutters

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

HyperTheerm's New Hi-Def Plasma Cutters

Post by Joe Jones »

I'm saving my pennies so I can buy one of their new Hi-Def plasma machines. Their teaser videos are great. Now you can read a bit about the machines on their website, but I still don't see any prices. I guess I'll have to wait until they are officially released on September 26th. :roll:

jimcolt

Re: HyperTheerm's New Hi-Def Plasma Cutters

Post by jimcolt »

Joe,

High Definition plasma cutters from Hypertherm have been around for over 25 years. The current models are the HPR130XD, HPR260XD, HPR400XD and HPR800XD, 130 amps, 260 amps, 400 amps and 800 amps respectively. These systems are designed for mechanized cutting only on high precision production cnc machines and robots, all 100% duty cycle and designed for high production cutting 3 shifts a day. These systems use oxygen as the plasma gas (air shield gas) for cutting steel to 3" thicknesses, as well as a variety of other gases (H-35, Nitrogen, F5, Argon) for non ferrous cutting applications to 6-1/4" thickness.

The product being released on September 26th is not a high definition plasma cutter. It will be announced on the 26th, and will be cutting at the Fabtech show in November. Jim Colt Hypertherm

here is a pic of a typical multi torch industrial cnc machine (Messer Brand)....this one has two Hypertherm HPRXD systems as well as about 6 oxy-fuel torches. The plasma's can also bevel to 45 degrees, often used in multi pass weld prep bevels for joining large plates. It has a self cleaning downdraft fume control table.....all of the days drops and slag end up in a hopper at one end of the table.
messer.jpg
messer.jpg (42.41 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
jakedog
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jakedog »

jimcolt wrote:Joe,

High Definition plasma cutters from Hypertherm have been around for over 25 years. The current models are the HPR130XD, HPR260XD, HPR400XD and HPR800XD, 130 amps, 260 amps, 400 amps and 800 amps respectively. These systems are designed for mechanized cutting only on high precision production cnc machines and robots, all 100% duty cycle and designed for high production cutting 3 shifts a day. These systems use oxygen as the plasma gas (air shield gas) for cutting steel to 3" thicknesses, as well as a variety of other gases (H-35, Nitrogen, F5, Argon) for non ferrous cutting applications to 6-1/4" thickness.

The product being released on September 26th is not a high definition plasma cutter. It will be announced on the 26th, and will be cutting at the Fabtech show in November. Jim Colt Hypertherm

here is a pic of a typical multi torch industrial cnc machine (Messer Brand)....this one has two Hypertherm HPRXD systems as well as about 6 oxy-fuel torches. The plasma's can also bevel to 45 degrees, often used in multi pass weld prep bevels for joining large plates. It has a self cleaning downdraft fume control table.....all of the days drops and slag end up in a hopper at one end of the table.
messer.jpg

Let me ask this, should I wait to buy a powermax 65 till after the the 26th? lol
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Contact me on the 26th and I'll offer my advice! Jim
jakedog
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jakedog »

jimcolt wrote:Contact me on the 26th and I'll offer my advice! Jim
lol OKAY
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

jakedog wrote:
Let me ask this, should I wait to buy a powermax 65 till after the the 26th? lol
Boy, I sure would!

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

My question is, should I sell my two brand new in the box, never opened, never used HyperTherm PowerMAX 85 machines BEFORE September 26th?

If the price of the new machines is close to the cost of these two machines, then I guess the selling price will drop.

jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Joe,

The Powermax 85 is a totally different animal compared to what comes on the 26th. The value of new or used Powermax systems will not be affected. Jim Colt Hypertherm
ovrrdrive
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ovrrdrive »

In order to not affect the prices of new or used machines in the current lineup it must be a gap filler. I'm putting my money on a 45XP with a built in compressor.

Jim, you should stop talking. lol
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

schultz.jpg
schultz.jpg (31.56 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bigrhamr »

I heard the new model will be solar powered and run for weeks on a single charge. Cut capacity is 3" steel dross free at 180 IPM and it creates no smoke, dust, noise, or bright light.
Consumables? We don't call them consumables any more because they last forever. The whole unit is about the size of a cell phone and costs less.
Okay, I'll take one. :mrgreen:
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

11 days and counting!!!!
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi