LCTHC corrugated Cutting!

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

LCTHC corrugated Cutting!

Post by Nacs Fab »

I am probably going to make Tom's day with this post. I built my machine including the control box with a Gecko G540 and used the CandCNC LCTHC with G540 Interface Card. Hehe Actually for the first time tonite, I threw on the machine, a very small piece of old rusty corrugated barn tin. My initial piece size was around 5" wide by 24" long. I cut this piece and on the final outside cut, it pulled my Snap N Cut loose (near the "C") and I do not have an e-stop connected to it.

This was at my very first try with the arc voltage set at book speeds for fine cuts and 14ga metal, regardless of this thin thickness of around 22ga - simply because this was my first try... 78 arc voltage, guesstimated at 60IPM, book specs of .15" pierce height, 0.06" cut height and pierce delay same as 14 gauge with fine cuts at 45 amps. I set my THC settings at 0.1 delay and 80% of THC speed. This is using their mach 3 profile, so this may be different for all of you..
WP_20160509_23_15_16_Pro.jpg
Here is proof that my controller is a home built DIY unit...
WP_20160509_23_15_55_Pro.jpg
And my Snap N Cut for reference...
WP_20160509_23_16_10_Pro.jpg
I'll follow up very soon on this type of cutting, once I get more corrugated steel.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”