cutting issues with ppwermax65

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
leadsled71
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

cutting issues with ppwermax65

Post by leadsled71 »

hi everyone,

I'm new to the site. I've been cutting for 2 years now on my tracker cnc 4x8 table with powermax65 machine.

it has always cut fine but recently it is nothing but problems. poor cut quality, I'm getting about 1 or 2 pieces per consumable. 7" circle with 10 half inch holes. so its not much cutting. I have a sharpe dryaire 3 stage desiccant filter system and a refrigerated dryer, plus a motor guard filter at the machine.

I'm leaning toward the actual machine. air quality seems to be very good still. plasma machine is making an unusual loud humming when it's running, plus it's been triping my breaker which it has not normally done. it acts like it's not cutting on a full 65 amps. there are no codes in the machine, is it possible there is an issue with it or should I be looking at something else.

it will cut one hole fine, the next hole won't be cut all the way or be very miss shaped ugly cut, then it will look good. very inconsistent cutting. seems like holes have more of a taper even though my cut height is still same. any help is appreciated.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: cutting issues with ppwermax65

Post by acourtjester »

If the breaker has been tripping there is a problem, contact The Hypertherm tech service 800-643-9878.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Hypertherm has repair places they work with all over the nation. Chances are there is one within a few hours of you.
leadsled71
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by leadsled71 »

Thanks for the reply. Right after I posted this , it has started working like it used to. Not sure what the issue was. Happens again I will contact hyperthermine. Thanks

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”