Cut quality with Hyertherm 1000

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
rz500
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cut quality with Hyertherm 1000

Post by rz500 »

What kind of cut accuracy should I be able to expect from my cnc plasma table with my Hypertherm 1000. It is cutting really well but it is hard to cut multiple parts and maintain exact dimensions. Maybe I am expecting too much from the plasma cutting process. I find I just can't use my plasma table for all of my work, I still need to out source to another shop with a laser for tight tolerance parts. Thanks in advance for your help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cut quality with Hyertherm 1000

Post by admin »

In my experience I find that the cnc plasma tables available today are all overkill for the plasma cutting process, meaning that they are more accurate than they need to be. If you require a part with tight tolerances you should be able to get very good results with a couple of tries using new consumables.

In a production enviroment however where you are cutting back to back parts you cannot expect to hold the same tight tolerance. In my experience cutting production plasma parts I've found that if you require more accuracy than can be measured with a tape measure than you may need to find a more accurate process for the application.
Rokitman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rokitman »

Not sure if I should Post this here. But has anyone had any problem with there Hyertherm 1000. Some time when Im cutting the pressure jumps up on my plasma machine and it stops cutting. I have told the sales men about my problem where I bought the plasma machine and Im still waiting for an anwser. Any comments about the Hyertherm plasma cutter. Please let me know

Patrick
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Call hypertherm directly, I have had some minor problems with my unit, when I call them they have usually heard of the problem and know how to fix it. they won't send you the parts directly, but they send them to your retailer then they send them on. on the 2 parts I need replaced I had them in under 5 days.
Hypertherm tech is great in my experiences and would call in a minute if something goes wrong.
TSF
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TSF »

I don't know about the air pressure jump but my new 1000 would quit cutting for no apparent reason. Hypertherm was stumped. Eventualy I had to send the machine back for new a board. Very frustrating.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”