Ideas for storage

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
d bushey
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Ideas for storage

Post by d bushey »

Looking for ideas for storing and transporting pieces to and from shows. I use a couple of different boxes and cover the pieces with bath towels but the weight presses the towel into the paint. There must be a better way.
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Ideas for storage

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Maybe a padded vertical rack kinda like they use to transport glasss.
Just a thought
Mike
d bushey

Post by d bushey »

Thanks I am leaning that direction
acm329
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by acm329 »

I have purchased rolls of different color l
Fleece from Walmart and hades he wife sew various size transport bags I use different colors to remind me what's inside when they are stored red Christmas camo for hunting ect
Marty
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Marty »

This subject has been on my mind recenly as well
I have some shows coming in a few weeks......I anticipate need to transport maybe 70 pieces at a time....10 inch to 30 inch,....all finished in PPG clearcoat...i recently bought a cargo trailer to hold all the show equipment, and to haul the inventory

I am think of a vertical series of racks as well, just waiting for the design to come to my head:)
Maybe have the intervals be about an inch or so apart apart..........Whe transporting currently I wrap each piece wth a terry towel......for a rack, maybe a pair of 2x4 or 4x4 base slats, drilled for wood dowels.....dunno know yet

I have been buying towels and small blankets at the thrift store to build up a supply....i keep them folded and stored in bankers boxes............when i finalize the plan I will let you guys see what I did

Marty
Ignition Metal Art Design

Give a man a fish and you have taught him where to come for a fish; Teach him to use Google and the Search Engine on Plasma Spider and he will be able to learn more than you could ever teach him yourself
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

We use plastic totes, and stand the pieces on end, separating each piece with a piece of cardboard. Works reasonably well. The totes can be stacked one on top of another, making the whole mess brought from truck to display a lot easier.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
elwoood
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by elwoood »

I am on the road every weekend to local shows and 2 swap meets. All my stuff is powder coated clear but here is what we do. I buy the 2.98 fleece throws at the Wally, cut them into 24" wide strips ( the size of my big pieces ) and layer them flat. One blanket, one piece, over and over. I stack 10 layers of parts and blankets flat in bins by type. My smaller items are in plastic shoe boxes and totes set up the same way in layers. This system works well, no damage or scratches to the powder coating, not sure if this will work for your finish.
d bushey

Post by d bushey »

Thanks for all the ideas just picked up small enclosed trailer for shows and storage will be incorporating these suggestions. Will send pictures of progress so everyone can see.
K D Metalwerks
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by K D Metalwerks »

We use plastic totes for our items. We also pack each item in a poly bubble mailer. We can label outside of bag and stack on edge in the tote. All we have to do is flip thru the bags to find an item.
K D Metal Werks
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Power Max 45
Hobart Handler 190 Mig
Niagara 3"x 36" Slip Roll 14ga
Driess/ Krumph 4' box & pan brake 16ga
Hossfeld #2 Bender Ridgid 700 threader
Pexto 137-1 16ga. Stomp Shear
MADE IN USA

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”