File Organization

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

File Organization

Post by mdwalker »

Would anyone like to share their methods of keeping their cutting files organized? Seems the more files you have the harder this becomes. I would like to have something that would show dxf file names along with thumbnail pictures of each one and be able to print catalog pages with several thumbnails to each page. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
Scratch

Re: File Organization

Post by Scratch »

I also use the clients name or business name for the folder name. Then a sub folder describing that job, then it's pretty easy to find the few cutpath files in that folder if I need them again. I also keep all correspondence emails, quotes, or images in those sub folders too.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: File Organization

Post by Ironman »

I have a folder called Art, within that are folders such as Horses and Western ,Gates, Signs, Deer and wildlife, Scene elements, Bike stuff. And folders Redpup, Cascade, for purchased designs.
I also have a folder called Completed Work, that contains all finished cut and sold pieces.
I have another one called Projects under development, where all the trial and error takes place. :roll:

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”