Awesome board

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Awesome board

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Hi all, I just want to thank who ever set this up, I have been plasma cutting for about 2 years and have only the tech support guys @PCNC to help me along (not much Help) I have self taught myself just about every thing throught trial and error. right out of the box My corel V12 took and crap and have not ever been able to use it. I must have a corrupted version. when I convert from a CDR to a DXF I get literally 10,000-15,000 extra lines in roughly 100-400 different layers all depending on the complexity of the file. Corel's take was to offer to have me buy a new V12 and throw out the old one. Don't think that I am being Negitive. (I gave up on negitivity, took to much energy) I ended up learning BOB-CAD and do all my stuff in there including art drawings. though be it difficult sometimes. I have recently done some very cool stuff with a light box and a scanner.
Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for a great resource.
Jeeplogic 83
admin
Site Admin

Re: Awesome board

Post by admin »

Hi jeeplogic83

Glad to have you as a member and I am happy to hear you like the forum. I hope you will find it to be a continuing valuable resource.

I too have had problems exporting dxf files from Corel. I know that Corel Draw version 9 does an excellent job of exporting dxf files and I use it all the time. I was able to buy a copy on Ebay for $5.00 and it works great. Corel version 12 has many issues that I know of and even Corel X3 cannot export a dxf file in a useable fashion.

I hope to see you as an active member, and I am always open to suggestions for the forum.

Thanks again and enjoy the site.

admin ;)
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

I have to agree on this one!!! Excellent place for help and new ideas!!

Thanx,

Jim
RiDdLe
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by RiDdLe »

Hi All
hoppin to become a plasma CNC user sometime this next year
I am just starting to look at different options (tables / torches / ect...)
I looked at a used plasmacam - it seemed to work well - any thoughts??
there IS some GREAT info on this site - its very helpfull thanks

RiDdLe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi RiDdLe

Glad you like the board. I have had a lot of positive feedback from it.

Being the adminstrator I cannot offer you my thoughts on Plasmacam or any other manufacturers. You may want to check out the "CNC Plasma Machine Poll and User Comments" topic in this board and get some feedback from our members. Link is http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43

It's a newer topic but there has been some comments from board members that you may find useful during your search for the perfect plasma table. That topic was designed for members like you.

Enjoy the board and I hope to see you with a plasma table soon.

admin

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”