Home made cable covers

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Tom C
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Home made cable covers

Post by Tom C »

Has any one made there own cable covers?
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Home made cable covers

Post by boodog710 »

Alright, I'll be the first one to ask. What are cable Covers?
jbartley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jbartley »

I use a small diameter (think 2 inch) fire hose as a cable cover. I think they call them "attack hoses" in fire fighter terms. Anyway, Fire departments have to replace there hoses every so often, so I picked them up because they just throw them anyway. Each hose comes in 50 foot lengths, so I just cut to fit and secure each end with a clamp. It works pretty good. The protective coating on the hose keeps it from catching fire. The hoses are free... so replacing it every so often is not a problem. Not sure if it is the best thing to use, but it works for me on the cheap.
Thank you caveman for wheel and fire.
Fish1la
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Fish1la »

that is a great idea I just got a table and i dont know much and i was just wondering what i was going to do to protect my wires thanks for the idea.
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

I just did a retrofit of our table to a CandCnc PlazPak servo system and used igus chain from this seller on ebay. It works great and was inexpensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Igus-Cable-Carr ... 20c1fe7265

I also put strips of heat wool or welders blanket in the carrier to help keep the flying hot stuff from damaging hoses and sensitive electronic cables. I used split loom in places were the cable is stationary, it is automotive grade so it holds up to heat pretty well. I built a slave side cover to protect the motor and encoder from water and sparks too.

WSS

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”