Credit Cards- Service using Intuit-Other Options

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
MQUICK
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Credit Cards- Service using Intuit-Other Options

Post by MQUICK »

. Next they say they lost it but it will be taken care of in 48 hr. Now they are not sure what the problem is after a 1/2 hour hold but has someone who can help. Another 20 min hold then disconnected. Called back went to voice mail. Left a message to email me. Guess what, email says wait 48 hours. It has now been almost 3 weeks. Never have they told me what the problem is. Is this what dealing with the credit card company is like? Cash and checks were never a problem for me.

Any of you using any other services for credit cards? Any of the others any better? Is this standard for them?
At this point, if Intuit comes to you, don't walk but run the other way.
Streetwerkz
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Credit Cards

Post by Streetwerkz »

I use my business bank account, usually have the cash with in 48hrs.
Joshua Robinson
www.Streetwerkz.com
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I HERE the "SQUARE" works well for accepting credit cards. It also can be used with your phone.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Check out this post. I signed up and received my free reader and already transferred money. Works slick.

http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5814
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

guess you have to have a smart phone for square? :(
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

I went with Square, had if for a week or so and a service call produced a customer that paid by credit card. Found it to be easy to use, even though the card holder paid via phone. Intuit sounds like a nightmare, I had thought of intuit and happy I passed.
stdave66

Post by stdave66 »

I'm set up with Intuit. only used it a few times but no problems.
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sodfarmer »

I use Intuit also and have had no problems. Like it because I also use Quickbooks.
ssyork
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by ssyork »

I used chase processing for close to 10 years with great success. Didnt have one bad transaction and ran 20-25 a day. We use paypal now because it is easy to link to a web site. I know some people dont like them but again ive never had a bad deal with them. I've been a member since 99, been using tbeir business stuff cor just over a year. Just my. 02 cents worth. I use quick books too, and wouldn't sign up for any of their services. Start googling them and the list of unhappy customers gets big. I also liked the costco service plan. Just needed something easily linked to a web site.
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

jjellingson wrote:I went with Square, had if for a week or so and a service call produced a customer that paid by credit card. Found it to be easy to use, even though the card holder paid via phone. Intuit sounds like a nightmare, I had thought of intuit and happy I passed.
so you can use it with out a smartphone?
JEd
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by JEd »

Yes. I have square account/reader that I have used on both my Android phone and my ipad.
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

I use android and seems to work okay. I think a few more options are available for I phone or I pad. Using phone authority on a charge is little more limiting yet still easily done. I also think the dollar limit accepted per week are around one thousand dollars. I had better double check if thats a week or a month. At any rate you can request the amount changed if one will be doing a lot of phone transactions. I also see you can buy the dongle at places like wall mart for around ten dollars. If you can wait a few days, order the dongle online you get it free and can also use the phone transaction option right away.
MQUICK
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by MQUICK »

A update on Intuit. 3 weeks after the charge, Intuit processed the payment. Checked with my customer and there was never a problem on their banks card end. No delay, nothing. Intuit has never responded as what was the delay. I did receive the credit card scanner that hooks to my I phone. Just can't wait to see what happens when I use it.
GoingCustom
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by GoingCustom »

Signed up for square today and ordered the reader. My decision was quicker than expected as I received an order today from the police department I work for and they'll be paying with the company card :D
Travis
http://www.goingcustom.com
one of a kind gates, fine art and CNC designs
Loyd

Post by Loyd »

we use merchant warehouse services. no scanner just get on the puter. never more than 3 days for money. we have run over $5k so far this year. been using them for about 5 years.
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”