pricing spreadsheet

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
schmaus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

pricing spreadsheet

Post by schmaus »

I have finally sat down and tried my luck at excel. I wrote a spreadsheet for pricing plasma cutting. I know there is already 1 out there but I was not smart enough to use it. This one uses steel price per pound because that is the way they sell it around me.Let me know how you like it and if there is anything you might change. I have very limited experience with excel so it may be cumbersome for someone that knows the program well.

You input your cost for steel, lenght and width of smallest rectangle that the part would fit in, program run time , speed in inches per minute and material thickness.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by schmaus on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: pricing spreadsheet

Post by plasmajoe »

Hello Schmaus,

I had a chance to play with it a bit, you are correct they do sell steel by the pound, around me anyways. I like your spread sheet you created. I wonder if an overhead % surcharge can be added to this, and a tax calculator? Just wondering, I really do not know Excel at all. I do everything with a pencil and paper, the good old days style ;) , but this has perked my interest. Thank you so much for sharing your work with all of us.

Plasma Joe
schmaus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: pricing spreadsheet

Post by schmaus »

I added those changes. I sorta forgot about tax and a surcharge would be easy. This is my first attempt at excel but I have been wanting to try it for awhile.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”