Graphics tablets...

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Richard Grove
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Graphics tablets...

Post by Richard Grove »

I would be interested in hearing the pros and cons of using a graphics tablet in CAD applications. My employer is offering to get me one if I think it is would be useful. I have heard that Wacom makes a good tablet but I don't want to get one just to have it take up space and collect dust. Do you have any advice to share? Thanks.
DISCONNECTED
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Graphics tablets...

Post by DISCONNECTED »

I have a wacom intuos 4.It takes a little getting used to.Especially if you are used to using a mouse.I still haven't become a master with it yet,but it is definetly nice to have.I would much rather have one of Wacoms touch screen tablets,but they are like $2,000.I paid like $400 bucks or so for the Intuos 4.Like anything you get what you pay for.I know the touch screen is the way to go.Maybe someday I will have one.
Richard Grove

Re: Graphics tablets...

Post by Richard Grove »

I had the Intuos 4 picked out for a entry model as well. They told me to pick out a "middle of the road" model and if I find I like it then they will pass it off on someone else and get me a better model. I can't complain about that at all. I have a great employer!!!
I should have added...I am left-handed. How ambidextrous is the Intuos 4?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”