Just another introduction

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
iou
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Just another introduction

Post by iou »

Hey All,
Great forum here. I've been following along for a while now and finally decided to join up. Saw the post on CorelDraw X5 and ordered it.
I don't have a CNC table yet, but am working towards it. I bought a Hypertherm PowerMax 85 in May with a hand and machine torch. From the little I've used it so far the thing is awesome... I can't wait til its hooked up to a table.
I'd like to put together a quality table as economically as possible. Been looking at a Precision Plasma HD gantry kit with CandCNC electronics.

Hope to contribute in the future, but for now just trying to learn something.
Ian
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Just another introduction

Post by Metal Lee »

Welcome Ian! we can all relate to where you are at and most of us are willing to help in any way we can, from constructive critasism to file sharing or design help or just our plain old opinion. You are on a good track, bought a HT that is #1 on the market, and purchased X5 design software, (great move in my opinion). Now you are looking at a table. If you want my opinion don't go any smaller then a 4x8 if you have the room for it and give Tracker a shot, they have there bare bones Nitro that is very reasonable. I have their 4x4 and it is great and there support is second to none!
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
aicomp

Post by aicomp »

Welcome Ian,
I think your choices for Corel X5 and Hypertherm are great. I don't know much about all of the cnc machines out there. I have a 4X8 Torchmate 3 with AVHC and a Hypertherm 1250. I have learned so much from this site. I have also learned that Signtorch and Cascade are great places to go for beautiful dxf artwork. Just keep following here and don't be affraid to ask questions.
Mike
http://www.PenningtonFab.com
Torchmate 3 with Accumove 3
Hypertherm 1250
Hypertherm 85
Hypertherm 380
Lincoln V205T Tig
Lincoln wirematic 250
Eastwood 175 with Spoolgun
Eastwood 135 Mig
iou
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by iou »

Thanks for all the advise guys. I received my CorelDraw today, but my first attempt at installing it resulted in an error while it was trying to read the disc. I guess I'll try it again and see what happens.
Mountain Home

Post by Mountain Home »

Welcome, I had trouble installing Corel X5 on a computer running Windows XP the other day, turned out that I had service pack 2 and it required service pack 3.
iou
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by iou »

On the third try... success! Turns out the error was a problem with one of the extra fonts. I did a custom install without them (extra fonts) included and it installed without a hitch.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”