convert a jpg to dxf?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
IndplsIron
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

convert a jpg to dxf?

Post by IndplsIron »

0715111534.jpg
I need this converted to dxf or dcm. Can anyone help? I will also need to do this again in the future, is there free software out there to do this?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Caden
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: convert a jpg to dxf?

Post by Caden »

I too had been wondering which application I had to use so as to convert some of my JPG files to DCM. I am glad that I came up with something recently. I use PowerDicom. It is by far one of the best JOG to DCM convertors out there.
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

i got as far as drawing the tree for you....If i have more time i will work on the text.
Brian

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

BrianMick

Post by BrianMick »

There are many out there to do this, no one program will ever work perfect there will always be some sort of "cleanup" to do.
I just used the plasmacam design edge and imported the picture and did a hand trace of the image. seems to be fairly easy. I also use vectormagic alot which is very cheap and you can try it free....just google it and you will find it. another that i use is inkscape which is free.
Brian
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaSpider Store »

CorelDRAW is a great program for converting jpg to dxf however Brian is correct...there is no magic software that will accomplish this for you.
Corel will give you automatic tracing ability which works well on the proper type of image. On images where an auto trace will not generate acceptable results I often use the freehand bezier tool to manually trace the image which is often the best way to go.

For a limited time CorelDRAW X5 is available here for $175 with free shipping at this link http://plasmaspider.com/shop/detail_corel.html

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”