large pipe cutting

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Catgraphics
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

large pipe cutting

Post by Catgraphics »

Hello everyone I am having thoughts of building a simple pipe cutting device. I was wondering if anyone has or knows about something that could help me out.

Thanks you
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: large pipe cutting

Post by twicecustom »

Ive been thinking about building one myself,for smaller tube, and then today I got a call from a customer that was wondering if we could cut some large pipe (18-24") to make a 90 bend. So now I am planning on building a CNC pipe cutter, I seen plans somewhere I think they were using Mach3 for the software. I will keep you posted on my progress, as I hope you do the same
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
Catgraphics
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Catgraphics »

thank you t
but sadly i probibly wont get to build a CNC cutter but i will keep you posted on my progress and maybe one day i can join the rest of you in the 21st century
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

well if I can build one like I am envisioning It should be relativly cheap, The drives I Have some spare Gecko's but am going to get some cheap ones on ebay to try them out. as I want it to be as cost effective as possible, I still have some numbers to work out..
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”