Another New Old Guy!

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Another New Old Guy!

Post by Oldsarge »

Greetings to All! Been lurking a while here and decided to introduce myself. Name is Mike but most of the forums I visit I go by Oldsarge. Retired Army, and currently paying the bills as a general contractor during the days.... I will be building a table pretty soon, so I've been scouring every resource I can find. This forum has been an awesome place which has already answered a lot of my questions already!

I'm currently looking at a 2500 sq ft warehouse space to set up a little metal fab shop to run in my "spare time" :lol: My son is fairly talented with Photoshop and Corel, so he is going to be joining me in this little enterprise... Planning to do the metal art thing, with my own twist on the products, as well as some liight powdercoaating work, welding,and other items I fab such as bed siders for trucks, ans a miter saw stand that I developed. Just scored a Hypertherm 1250 from E Pay for a great price, ans a few air dryers for cheap. Rest of the shop is in storage at the moment, but hoping to pull the trigger on the warehouse within the next month or so.

Sorry to be so long winded here, but just wanted to say hello and hopefully I can contribute to the members in some way once I'm up & running. Paid the fee, and have been happily downloding some of the amazing things posted there... Thanks!

Oldsarge
(Graphics & Website in the Works!)
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Another New Old Guy!

Post by BrianMick »

Mike let me be the first to officially welcome you to the site......whenn your building the table be sure to post pics of the progress......these guys will be the first to tell you if your doing something wrong.......plus we like to see either dirtier or more organized shops than our own :lol:
Brian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I have seen you around here for a while. Welcome to the board OldSarge! I am looking forward to seeing your build and somoe future posts. Best of luck :D
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

Welcome aboard Old Sarge, retired Army eh? Canadian or American? I was also a Sargent back in the day, Royal Canadian Princess Patricia Light Infantry. Those were the days eh? Never ending flow of beer and also never ending flow of girls also :D Great just got busted by the wife. She is the colonel here.

Again Sarge if you need let me know if I can help you out I will.

Plasma Joe
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Thanks for the warrm welcome! That was the US Army Joe, but the wife is Canadian Army brat... Met her in Springfield VA while her dad was the liason at Daarcom standardization with the pentagon. WEe're in Wa state and get to visit them in Victoria several times a year....

One thing I'm working on now that I plan to share here is a home built refrigerated air dryer.... got about half figured out, just need to cut into my donor machine to plan out the rest.... should be a really "cooool" project :lol: The bed sliders are a great seller for me so that's my focus at first, but hopefully in the coming months I'll have some neat stuff to share!

Cheers!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

Welcome to the board Oldsarge. Whereabouts in the Evergreen state are you anyway? I built my own table and have not regretted doing it myself at all.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Hey Bill!

I'm in Lacey and the warehouse I'm looking at is a few blocks from the house... Have to work out the power requirements with the owner before I make a deal with him.... Really looking forward to getting things set up... 2500 sq ft of work space as well as an office and a small customer area to be able to show things...

What hardware/gantry/size is your table? Will probably be picking your brain as I go along!

Cheers!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
Loyd

Post by Loyd »

Welcome aboard OS....
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

Oldsarge - PM sent.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3