Perforated aluminum pipe

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
nuno115
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Perforated aluminum pipe

Post by nuno115 »

I am pricing a job where we need perforated aluminum pipe

sizes are 3", 4" and 5"

3/8" holes staggered 9/16" OC

Height 8'-7"

Can any one price 15 of each for me, I do not have the pipe attachment for the machine

Thanks

Nuno
Last edited by nuno115 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Perforated aluminum pipe

Post by ronsii »

What is the pattern or spacing on the holes :?: It will make a difference on how many holes are involved thus the number of pierces.
nuno115

Post by nuno115 »

Its 9/16" on center
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ronsii »

That's going to be a lot of holes with a min. web of only 3/16ths left between then depending on the thickness of pipe :?: that might be a little tricky....especially on the smaller diameter ones.
nuno115

Post by nuno115 »

I was thinking in buying perforated sheets from McNichols, but How do you roll them into such a small diameter, and 8'-7" long. The other problem is that it must be anodized, they call for 1/8" thickness on the material. I heard if I burn the holes it changes the properties of the aluminum and anodizing it is going to look bad.
Any one know of a way to roll something like this?
redneckgateart

Post by redneckgateart »

It going to be tough to roll that small of a diameter, especially at that length. Even if you could do it, you'll have a lot of welding to do....which means more heat. Plus they won't be perfectly round. A better option (although it would be a lot of work) might be to mill/drill the holes....it won't be cheap.

Have you looked at perforatedtubes.com ? They might have what you want...or know another supplier that does.
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

I do those types of pipes you are bidding on, we make them up to 20'-0" long with various diameters and holes dimensions. All I do is purchase mechanical tubing and put them on the CNC beam liner and drill the holes. It is much easier and cost effective then rolling and welding. Look into mechanical tubings, there are hundreds of different sizes and diam to get.

Hope this helps.
Plasma Joe

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”