Font collection/plasmacam

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
elkriverfab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Font collection/plasmacam

Post by elkriverfab »

I have a question......

A while back I bought the font collection off of this site.

I have not been into it enough but now I need to get them to work.

Has anyone bought the collection and if so how the heck do you get those fonts to work.

Am I going to have to use a drawing program to open them or can I get them to work directly with plasmacam software?

Any help would be great I sure would like to use them. :D
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
cnchybrid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Font collection/plasmacam

Post by cnchybrid »

From my experience what I do is as follows. I must say that I do not have plasmacam but regardless of that this is most likely going to get you on your way.

1. Go through all the fonts and pick the ones you want to keep and put them into a temporary folder on your desktop so they are all grouped together.
2. Go to "My Computer" and click on it.
3. Look for "Local Disk (C:) " Drive and double click on it.
4. Go to the "Windows" folder and double click on it.
5. Scroll down to the folder that says "Fonts". Double click on it.
6. Now go to the folder on your desktop and hi-light all the fonts in that folder so they are all Blue in color and than right click any one of the blue fonts and click "copy".
7. Go back to the "Fonts" folder that you found previously and right click anywhere next to a font where the white background is and click on paste.
8. With any luck you just copied those into your windows folder and all that is left is to close all the windows and look for it in your plasmacam software.

Hope that helps.

James
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Font collection/plasmacam

Post by pony »

In Windows 7 and Mac OS X you can simply double click most font files and you will be asked if you want to install it.
Once a font is installed it should be available to most applications (you will need to quit and reopen any already running applications for those application to see the newly installed font). You'll simply select the new font from whatever program you are using to design or layout your jobs.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”