Precision Plasma / Iplasma 5.0 - Nightmare

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
IUCTX
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Precision Plasma / Iplasma 5.0 - Nightmare

Post by IUCTX »

SHORT VERSION:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am looking for a set of assembly directions, videos, pictures, etc for a Precision Plasma brand iPlasma 5.0 table. That is the short story, long version below. Any help is much appreciated!

LONG VERSION:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few months back I bought a 'package' deal for an iPlasma 5.0 table with a coupon/discount code towards the purchase of the CandCNC electronics package. Apparently I bought the last one of these 'packages' ... and now I am finding out why... the hard way. The table 'kit' is designed by Precision Plasma, but technically it is sold by Cutting Edge Plasma. I believe the two are owned by the same family. It's a racket.

Anyhow, the table shipped with no assembly directions whatsoever. When I asked for a set of directions/instruction I got a very shoddy set from Cutting Edge Plasma along with a "we are in the middle of upgrading our website" story. Not only are the directions horrible, they are incomplete. Precision Plasma told me I need to deal with Cutting Edge and now Cutting Edge will not respond to my repeated requests for a complete set of instructions.

The folks at CandCNC have been super cool, but I got the feeling they were not on good terms with either of these companies (Precision Plasma or Cutting Edge).

I got suckered out of my money my Precision and Cutting Edge, my bad.
skilbourn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Precision Plasma / Iplasma 5.0 - Nightmare

Post by skilbourn »

Did you ever get resolution to the assembly issues you were having?
Thaks,
IUCTX
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by IUCTX »

skilbourn wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:24 pm Did you ever get resolution to the assembly issues you were having?
I never heard another word from Precision Plasma! Those two guys have no shame, but what comes around goes around... sucks to be them.

Some online research and forum users helped me finish the table build.

Luckily when I got to the electronics part (CandCNC) they have manuals! Also the owner is a regular on their 'in-house' forums. He knows his stuff and is more than willing to point you in the right direction. Most emails I sent to support were answered by him directly.

Did you buy something from PP?
conz35
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by conz35 »

We bought not one but two Precision Plasma tables over the years. Back then we bought from a third part company that sold Ron(precision plasma tables) similar to how you bought from Cutting Edge Plasma, we bought from a place called Tensor CNC. Horrible Company! Horrible Service! However, our experience with Ron and Precision Plasma was always great, he emailed us back and sent us pics of how to assemble parts. Furthermore, when we were ready to get more machines for our shop he gave me advice for getting our first Timesaver set up, including upgrading it to a laser eye tracking system. I can't attest to Cutting Edge plasma but they sound about the same shitty company as Tensor CNC was, but as far as the ultimate product and what you get for your money, Precision Plasma tables have been awesome for us! We have a two 4x8 tables, one converted to a 4x4 in our mobile cutting trailer. After 8 years our tables are still running strong and we use these things a lot, some days i cut 4 sheets, some days 2, but they run a lot, for a bolt together kit I couldn't be happier. Cand CNC has also been great to work with and we love the xbox 360 remote controller plugin.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
White Bear
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by White Bear »

I recently got suckered into a package from cutting edge plasma. Some parts came from precision, some came from 3rd or even 4th party sellers. My check was cashed two months ago and I'm still getting the run-around on the rest of my parts.
As was mentioned the instructions are worse than horrible. Communication is sketchy and some of the options for the table aren't included. Ohmic touch-off being the main one that got me.
Buyer beware.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

I was just about to buy the magnum 7 from precision plasma but then I came across this thread. Should I be looking else where for a gantry? They are really the only ones in the game that I know of.
White Bear
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by White Bear »

I like the gantry. It will repeat cuts within .002" when it's running. Mine has an aluminum extrusion rather than the steel cross tube. I'm not sure which options are offered now.
3 weeks down with software issues is trying my patients. In hindsight, I should have bought a name brand table from one of the large players.
IUCTX
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by IUCTX »

EverydayDiesel wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 pm I was just about to buy the magnum 7 from precision plasma but then I came across this thread. Should I be looking else where for a gantry? They are really the only ones in the game that I know of.
Magnum 7 is awesome and you only deal with Ron if you buy the kit. I know there is a version that is assembled, but at that point you are buying from someone who bought the kit from Ron, put it together, then resold it to you.

My initial post was about a low end starter/hobby table that he designed but I had to buy through a reseller... it was ugly.

ONLY BUY DIRECT FROM Ron.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

White Bear wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:56 pm I should have bought a name brand table from one of the large players.
This is EXACTLY why I went with a shop sabre. Less time fooling with the machine and more time doing what matters

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”