Another Proma and LCTHC question

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Jeepn2
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Another Proma and LCTHC question

Post by Jeepn2 »

It looks like my table got indirectly struck by lighting, computer and controls were unplugged but HP45 was still plugged in. Luckily computer, plasma, and all drive components are working but the LCTHC screen is blue across with no read out and the torch will not fire from the PC. Tried finding another THC on the CandCNC web site but all I see is the complete systems with controller and drive system. I went ahead and ordered the Proma as I need to get the table running again but have a question on the torch on/off function, since the start relay was on the LCTHC board I assume I need another relay to replace, does anyone know where to source and any recommendations? Thanks...

Side note, control board is Gecko G-540, running Mach 3 if that helps
Precision Plasma Patriot 4X8, water table, Price THC, UC 400ETH, Floating head
Hypertherm 45XP - Machine torch
UCCNC, Sheetcam, Inkscape/Corel X5
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Another Proma and LCTHC question

Post by acourtjester »

You may need to get another BOB board and reconfigure the controller, some BOB have a relay built in to handle the torch firing.
I have used this board many time on the tables I built the torch on/off would be hooked to the spindle connections, There are US seller for faster delivery. I hope you bought the 150 Proma not the SD!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgraded-5-Axi ... SwLVZVvJR5
There are many other type BOB on eBay but I have not used them cannot recommend them.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Jeepn2

Post by Jeepn2 »

Jester,
Thanks for the info, yes I did get the Proma 150 and not the SD (heard they were having issues) I ordered directly from Proma, price was almost $100 cheaper than other sources but more than likely no support. After some more research it looks like the G-540 will support 2 relay outputs so will hopefully only need a relay after the Proma arrives ~7 days ship time from Poland. Have a safe weekend
Jeepn2

Post by Jeepn2 »

Another couple of questions:

Where is the best location for the Proma to be located, near/mounted to the HT-45 or remotely mounted for better access?

Can the relay be mounted inside the controller/driver cabinet without interfering with the signal?
Thanks

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”