Need Someone With A Plasma Table In The Phoenix Area For Work

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
trxxx250r
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need Someone With A Plasma Table In The Phoenix Area For Work

Post by trxxx250r »

Hello, I'm looking for someone in the Phoenix, AZ area with a good plazma table to cut some 3/8 stainless flanges for me. Quickly, they are about 4"x4" with a 2" hole in the middle and 4 holes drilled on the corners. It's simple stuff. It's for an exhaust flange I developed for an exhaust system I make for jet skis. I have prototypes and drawings and tons of pics because this has already been done. It's just that the guy that was doing it doesn't want to work in the heat and quit on me right at the height of the season.

Honestly I'm looking for someone who may be working out of their garage or in a semi professional setup because cost is a major factor.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who would be, please respond ASAP!

I appreciate it!

-Darryn
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need Someone With A Plasma Table In The Phoenix Area For Work

Post by jimcolt »

Contact Westcottplasma.com ....they are a table manufacturer in Phoenix and have local customers using their tables that could probably do the work. Ask for Ryan Westcott.
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

I would like to see some 3/8” stainless cut quality with plasma.
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

3/8" can be cut with amazing quality with a high definition class plasma cutter on an industrial cnc table....clean, shiny weldable edges with minimal taper. You can see pics on the Hypertherm web site. You can cut using air with an air plasma at 45 amps or higher, but with edge oxidation that needs cleaning before welding, or you can cut with shiny edges and minimal taper from 45 to 85 amps using the F5 (5% hydrogen, 95% nitrogen premix gas) with an air Powermax unit. Jim Colt Hypertherm

gamble wrote:I would like to see some 3/8” stainless cut quality with plasma.
hsolve
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by hsolve »

Good morning all, I have cut 3/8" and 1/2" 316 plate with 100% nitrogen. It was OK, no normal oxidation on the cut edgers, it left a blueish edge finish. Then only down side was top edge of the cut was a little rounded. Dross was also reduced
trxxx250r
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by trxxx250r »

Thanks, Jimcolt, I will look into that!

The guy that was making them for me before did fine with air. Not sure what plasma unit he was using but it was an older lincoln table. They needed some touch up after but no big deal because I'm not making that many. Batches of 10-20 units.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”